Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Extra Steps, Good News, and Paint




Well I had scheduled to go to Frankfort yesterday to get our dossier apostilled. However I ran into a few problems, which thankfully saved me a wasted trip. After looking at my dossier one final time I realized our Homestudy's Agency License wasn't notarized, and they hadn't sent us the proper paper for our Child Abuse Clearance letter. I called them to try to get this figured out so I could pick it up on my way to Frankfort and she informed me I would have to then take it Boyle County Courthouse to get it certified. WHAT?!?! No one told me about this..booooo! I called our placing agency and she says, oooooh yes you live in KY 1 of 3 weird states in this country that requires this extra step. Every document I have notarized has to be certified at the Courthouse to prove my notary is still registered, of course an extra $5 per document. I would live in 1 of 3 weird states, go figure. So I call our courthouse, and low and behold the one person who knows how to do it and how much it costs is out ALL WEEK! Fabulous! I guess frankfort is put off until next week. Atleast I figured it all out before I went up there and had teh secretary of state send me back home.



On a good note....We received our apostilled copy of our FBI clearance back from the Dept. of State today which did not take very long at all! I mailed in on the 6th via Fed Ex ground and got it back on the 19th....I'd say that's pretty good!



Dustin and I painted our Bulgarians beauty's room yesterday. It's soo pretty and purple! I can't wait to start hanging things on the wall and get it ready to be her new home! Hope she likes bright colors!! haha Check out all our hard work in the pictures below!



* Dustin hard at work doing the trim*



*Rollin my heart out and pourin the sweat*
*Us after the first coat was finished*


*Isn't it Beautiful*








2 comments:

  1. Ohio (where we live) has the county certification, too, unless your paperwork is notarized by an attorney whose registration to notarize never expires.

    The purple room looks great!

    Since you're in KY, please consider coming to the reunion this June for families at any stage of adoption from Bulgaria: http://bulgarianadopteesreunion.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Viviane,
      It took about 2 hours to put two and two together, but I just finished e-mailing you about the reunion! I didn't realize this viviane and that viviane were the same haha. I just booked the last cabin for friday night and we are sooo excited to be coming! Can't wait to meet you and beautiful emelia and handsome rex! I love following your blog by the way!

      Delete