Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, October 29, 2012

Answered Prayers

Well I'll keep this short and sweet.  If you read the last post you know we were persuing a little girl from the SN list in Bulgaria.  After getting all of our paperwork sent over and ready to be reviewed...a few days before her file was to be given to our agency, her current agency referred her to a family in Spain and they accepted.  We have to remember we prayed that God would place her with the family she was supposed to be with and if it wasn't us, we wouldn't even get her file. Well He certainly answered our prayers.

Friday, October 5, 2012

Trip to the Capitol

AHH Yes...the Capitol!  This place is becoming a little too familiar for us. Fortunately it marks movement in our adoption journey. The capitol has been the final stop for us a couple of times now, before sending documents to Bulgaria.  This trip was extra exciting.  We were getting our application to request a child apostilled!  This means our part is done.  We've filled out everything we can and tried to be as convincing as possible.  Now it's out of our hands.  The MOJ will decide if we are fit as a family for this little girl. We've been told we might get "you're too young", "you haven't been married long enough", or maybe even "your income isn't enough to adopt a special needs child".  At this point we are just trusting that God will see everything through!  These are all details we really can't change!!

Now we just sit back do a lot of praying and waiting for a couple of weeks I'm assuming.  It's difficult feeling like this little child is supposed to be yours and we've never even seen her picture.  Isn't adoption a funny thing like that though. When God gives you a peace that truly passes any understanding we have, it just makes you know that this is it.

One of the hardest prayers we've prayed is that if we truly are not the family God has prepared for her that the MOJ just wouldn't approve our request. Because in the end, it's what's best for the children, not about us getting a daughter! Otherwise we are trying to be obedient and stepping out in an almost blind faith, in not knowing everything about this little girl, but I've said it before and I'll say it again...We could wait three years for a "healthy" child and be in the same situation.  That's the funny thing about adoption, the whole process is full of blind faith.  We know God has called us to this, and we just trust that He will take care of everything!!

HAHA don't mind dustin's sungrin.  It was this or he had to wear my sunglass!You see the option he chose!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hope God is saving her for us!

I know several months ago I had mentioned asking for prayers for something I would hopefully be able to share soon.  Well I still can't share all of the details but I do want to give a little update as to what is going on with our adoption journey. 

Two months ago the MOJ released their monthly list of waiting sn children, and like most months I looked at it without much intent besides just looking.  Much to my amazement there was a file.  A file of a little girl who fit the age we were looking for and after reading her file, it suprised me she was even on the list.  There are things going on, but nothing I would consider "special", in fact a lot of it seemed like typical orphange delays and things that hopefully could be fixed with a little attention and a lot of love!  Dustin and I talked about this little girl, prayed about her file, and even though we had not seen a picture we decided to just ask if it would be possible for our Bulgarian NGO to request her file.  At this point we were unfamiliar with the way these files are dispersed and quickly understood it would be a long shot for them to get her.  Just as we had figured her file was sent to a different NGO to be placed and they would have 2 months to do so before another agency had the opportunity.  Our NGO knew we were interested in this file and asked if we would be interested in placing an official request based only on what we had seen full medical.  We talked about it, weighed our options and the risks.  The only reason they wanted us to do so, was if by chance she did not get placed, then perhaps the MOJ would review our request and send us a referral after the 2 months were up.  We figured the best option for us would be to just wait the two months, anxiously, and see if she got placed. At that point if she had not we would go ahead and place the request.

The end of August came by and her file was still available.  The end of september hit, and we knew we were closing in on the expiration of the 2 months this other ngo had to place her.  Last week, we didn't know if she had been placed or not, but we wanted to get a heads up and e-mail our agency "just in case" so that if she was still available our ngo could try to get her file.  Once again they asked us if we would go ahead and place an official request.  We wondered if it was pointless b/c at this point she could have already been placed and we'd go through the paperwork for no reason.  Regardless, Dustin and I decided we would go ahead and file the request with MOJ.  Better safe than sorry we thought and perhaps God was saving her for us.  We had said this all along, if she's meant to be ours God will save her for us.  We agreed last thursday that we would file the request, wondered all day friday if she had already been placed, and then the list came out saturday.   There her file number was, still in the same color it was last month....she hadn't been requested by a family.

A number of thoughts went through our heads immediately.  Either there is a lot more going on than the summarized medical is letting on, or just as we had hoped God is definitely saving her for us. We are praying its the latter of the two.  This morning we had our application notarized and it's being sent to Bulgaria for translation.  I'll have to get it apostilled this week and have the official document sent over to be presented before the MOJ. 

They will then decide if our family is a good fit for this little girl, and if so we will receive a referral of her file for us to review and decide on!  We are praying, not only for our family, but for this little girl.  We just can't get her our of our heads or off of our hearts. This is kind of a long shot, and especially not seeing photos or full medicals we know this is a risk. But isn't the whole process of adoption a risk in itself?  We could wait 3 years for a "healthy" child and them be no healthier than this darling little girl.  Please be in prayer that God's will would be done in this situation.  We are praying God has been saving her for us!! We would love to have a little daughter home by summer!