I know several months ago I had mentioned asking for prayers for something I would hopefully be able to share soon. Well I still can't share all of the details but I do want to give a little update as to what is going on with our adoption journey.
Two months ago the MOJ released their monthly list of waiting sn children, and like most months I looked at it without much intent besides just looking. Much to my amazement there was a file. A file of a little girl who fit the age we were looking for and after reading her file, it suprised me she was even on the list. There are things going on, but nothing I would consider "special", in fact a lot of it seemed like typical orphange delays and things that hopefully could be fixed with a little attention and a lot of love! Dustin and I talked about this little girl, prayed about her file, and even though we had not seen a picture we decided to just ask if it would be possible for our Bulgarian NGO to request her file. At this point we were unfamiliar with the way these files are dispersed and quickly understood it would be a long shot for them to get her. Just as we had figured her file was sent to a different NGO to be placed and they would have 2 months to do so before another agency had the opportunity. Our NGO knew we were interested in this file and asked if we would be interested in placing an official request based only on what we had seen online...no picture...no full medical. We talked about it, weighed our options and the risks. The only reason they wanted us to do so, was if by chance she did not get placed, then perhaps the MOJ would review our request and send us a referral after the 2 months were up. We figured the best option for us would be to just wait the two months, anxiously, and see if she got placed. At that point if she had not we would go ahead and place the request.
The end of August came by and her file was still available. The end of september hit, and we knew we were closing in on the expiration of the 2 months this other ngo had to place her. Last week, we didn't know if she had been placed or not, but we wanted to get a heads up and e-mail our agency "just in case" so that if she was still available our ngo could try to get her file. Once again they asked us if we would go ahead and place an official request. We wondered if it was pointless b/c at this point she could have already been placed and we'd go through the paperwork for no reason. Regardless, Dustin and I decided we would go ahead and file the request with MOJ. Better safe than sorry we thought and perhaps God was saving her for us. We had said this all along, if she's meant to be ours God will save her for us. We agreed last thursday that we would file the request, wondered all day friday if she had already been placed, and then the list came out saturday. There her file number was, still in the same color it was last month....she hadn't been requested by a family.
A number of thoughts went through our heads immediately. Either there is a lot more going on than the summarized medical is letting on, or just as we had hoped God is definitely saving her for us. We are praying its the latter of the two. This morning we had our application notarized and it's being sent to Bulgaria for translation. I'll have to get it apostilled this week and have the official document sent over to be presented before the MOJ.
They will then decide if our family is a good fit for this little girl, and if so we will receive a referral of her file for us to review and decide on! We are praying, not only for our family, but for this little girl. We just can't get her our of our heads or off of our hearts. This is kind of a long shot, and especially not seeing photos or full medicals we know this is a risk. But isn't the whole process of adoption a risk in itself? We could wait 3 years for a "healthy" child and them be no healthier than this darling little girl. Please be in prayer that God's will would be done in this situation. We are praying God has been saving her for us!! We would love to have a little daughter home by summer!