Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Covered With Love

Hand Made Quilt to Perfectly Match Our Daughters Room

As time goes on, Dustin and I try and try to come up with fundraisers.  Well this one goes to Jeff (dustins dad)! He had the most incredible idea!!!  Dustin and I went to Hobby Lobby and picked out some fabric that would match the bedroom we have decorated for our daughter. I then took it to one of the seniors who go to the local Senior Center I do a lot of events with and asked her to get creative and handstitch a quilt for us.  I picked it up yesterday and this is the beauty I pulled out of the bag! It has to be one of the most beautiful quilts I've ever seen, or maybe I'm being a little biased.  Anyways, we have decided that we are going to sell each 9-patch block for $50 or a divide a 9-patch into 3 sections of 3 patches each and sell those for $20 each.  When someone pays for their block or patch they willl be the offical sponsor of that section, and on the back they can write with fabric pens whatever they want. Whether it be just their name, a note to our daughter, scripture, or whatever their heart pleases. We are calling it "Covered With Love". Once it's all filled up on the back we will hang it in our daughters room as a keepsake and to remind her daily of how many people truely love her and can't wait to meet her!!!

UPDATE!-
Well I wish I could give one, but surprise surprise, we are as clueless as you.  Our Dossier has been in Bulgaria for 8 weeks and 1 day (of course I'm not counting) and we haven't heard the first thing.  I have asked several times for our agency to check for an update and I'm told they write letters to VESTA, but I never hear anything after that.  We were told translation would take 2-4 weeks and submitted to MOJ, and we should get a log in date approximately 1 month later.  Well we are really not sure if it's been submitted to MOJ or not or even if we've arleady been logged in.  It's hard to be patient when you are given a timeline and it's up but nothings been done! Guess I'm just venting a little!  I kinda feel like I'm in the dark. 

We have been keeping an eye on the MOJ SN list and actually saw 2 children come across this time that we were very interested in.  But of course I haven't heard anything on either of them ..AAAAAAHHHHHHH!  I am just not sure I'm going to make it 2 or 3 more years!!  It's not even been a year since we started this process and I'm soooo impatient that it seems like it's  been 5!  Oh well, I would wait an eternity to bring our daughter home, whoever and wherever she may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment